What are the best speaking topics for managers and leaders?
I get this question all the time… so here are some details on speaking topics for new managers or emerging leaders.
Assumption #1: Leaders practice leadership, just as physicians practice medicine and attorneys practice law. Speaking is one way to reinforce evidence-based practices that should work for you. If you practice them.
Assumption #2: Positive relationships matter. The quantity and quality of our relationships is the greatest predictor of career development, human longevity, flourishing and well-being. Speaking is one way to practice developing positive relationships
So what are some great speaking topics? Here are some of my recent examples.
How to apply positive psychology in your talent development practice. A 50-minute presentation on the science and practice of positive psychology in any organization.
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD) International Conference and Exhibition, Atlanta, GA, World Congress. One of only 2 presentations on positive psychology, amid 400+ presentations, and 12,000+ speakers. Book signing.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) chapter meeting presentations in Chattanooga, TN (June, 2017), Nashville, TN (August, 2016), Birmingham, AL (November, 2016)
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) chapter meeting in Nashville, TN (September, 2016)
How to Increase Employee Engagement: For You or Others. A 50-minute interactive workshop designed to help leaders apply the science of employee engagement, and the AD-FIT consulting model, to their work.
- State of TN, Human Resources Conference, Nashville, TN, 4 sessions July 18-19, 2017.
Trends in evidence-based talent management. A 50-minute presentation on the costs of human capital and analytics, technology and consulting.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Nashville chapter meeting (April, 2015)
- International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) Nashville regional chapter meeting (February, 2015)
Action Learning Summit. A day of thought leadership designed for select leaders in Franklin, TN (May, 2016)
Talent Summit. A day of thought leadership hosted in Nashville, TN for select leaders in talent management, analytics and consulting (March, 2015).
How to Address Healthcare Leader Burnout. A 50-minute webinar or presentation. The need to diagnose burnout and treat healthcare leaders with resilience is critical. This presentation provides practitioners with evidence-based tactics to apply at the individual or organizational levels.
- Webinar on July, 2015, partnering with eVisit and CEUs provided by the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM)
Doug Gray speaker bio:
Doug Gray is the co-founder and CEO of Action Learning Associates. He has demonstrated expertise in applying positive psychology practices for thousands of individual and organizational leaders. Doug is a PhD candidate in Organizational Leadership at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. His research topic is the effect of positive psychology on business leaders and executive coaches. Since 1997, Doug Gray, PCC, has been an author, researcher, teacher, and organizational consultant. His top five signature strengths include creativity, honesty, gratitude, hope and love of learning. He manages executive coaches for the largest global provider of executive coaches. He also volunteers as the ATD Nashville chapter president.
- blogs and content are at http://www.action-learning.com
- videos are at https://www.youtube.com/user/dgrayful/videos
- Doug’s bio is at https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-gray-52a154
Contact Doug Gray, PCC, today at 615.905.1892 or by clicking here.