2014 Executive Coaching summary from the Conference Board
I thought you may want to see some recent trend data for external coaching and internal coaching, by industry and size of company.
- After the recession, companies are investing more than ever in leadership development and key talent, with both external and internal coaching
- 39% of these 140 companies use internal coaches for leaders who are lower in the organization, and over 75% use external coaches for their senior leaders (directors and above)
- The top 3 types of coaching remain 1) development-focused coaching, 2) performance-focused coaching, and 3) 360 debriefs
- Fees invoiced at a standard or fixed rate per engagement, rather than an hourly or variable rate, have increased from 26% in 2012 to 38% in 2014
- Hourly rates for executive coaching range from $600+/hour for CEOs and direct reports to $300/hour for directors and above; naturally, those rates vary by size of the company, industry, and level of the leaders
- The top 3 topics covered in coaching engagements have not changed for many years; they include: 1) executive presence/ influencing skills, 2) relationship management, and 3) leading teams and people development
If you should have any questions, please let me know.
Doug Gray, PCC, CEO/Founder www.action-learning.com